03 Jul Ride Like Parks Bonifay #FPF
Okay, so maybe not exactly like him. At least use the same type of board he does. Although this Wednesday’s post was about him, today’s post is a strict coincidence.
Ronix 2015 Koal Thruster is the same electric shape as Parks Bonifay’s Carbon Thruster, this one’s on a scaled back budget without the carbon reinforcement. The most responsive, hard charging shape in our line up.
Whether you are looking for more drive up the face of the wake or added glide as you learn to ride without a rope – the Thruster collection is the quickest line of boards we have created in our baker’s dozen year of producing high end surfers. Need more bite in your bottom turn with a quicker release off the peak? This stealth creation was conceptualized by a legend who grew up switching between salt and freshwater carves – Parks Bonifay.
There’s not much more to add from what Parks has to say about the board. It’s spot on. Just like our very own Jake Cook cruising Lake Samammish this summer.
Here’s the Veggies;
– Machined EVA top deck with built in tail wedge
– New concave top deck for more board control and overall feel
– The quickest rocker line, construction, profile and rail design we have ever made
– 2 – 2.3″ surf specific bottom mount fins
– 3 – 2.9″ surf specific bottom mount fins
– Countless fin configurations
– Bottom channels that help drive a bottom turn and increase glide speed
– Surf constructed – lighter, faster, more buoyant, and yes more fragile (handle with care)
– Epoxy Construction – harder resin equals a stronger board
– CNC Core – handmade by robots
– The soul of surfing is ridden by Parks Bonifay