13 Nov Skiing With Blizzard Tecnica – DEMO DAY
Women 2 Women On-Snow Demo Day: Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to ski with the experts and try out the latest from Blizzard. Ski with Sturtevant’s president Tracy Gibbons and Leslie Baker-Brown from Bliz-Tec’s Women to Women project.
This is the absolute best way to try out skis, at our first ever on-snow event for women with Blizzard Tecnica. Check in at the Silver Fir lodge at Snoqualmie Summit. Bring your gear and ask questions. Learn about the latest in skis and boots that will make your ski days event better. Skis should work for you and your boots shouldn’t hurt. Treat yourself. Bring a friend.
WHAT IS THE COST: The demo event is FREE. Discounted lift tickets are $45 (in advance). Click here to purchase or when you RSVP below. We’ll have your ticket when you check in. You can purchase ticket on the event day for $50 at the Silver Fir lodge. No charge for Summit season pass holders.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 9:00am: lifts open at Silver Fir.
- 10:00am: come inside the Silver Fir lodge for check in, meet our team and other skiers.
- Talk with our leaders about your skiing style and they will match you up with one of the Blizzard skis.
- Ski with a leader and group based on your ability if you like, or just ski with friends.
- Take a couple runs and then switch to another Blizzard ski.
- 12:00pm: lunch inside Silver Fir with an informal Q and A about the skis and boots.
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: continue to ski for fun runs on Blizzard demo skis.
- 2:00pm: continue to ski or head home.
- Summit Central, West, and Alpental are open until 10:00pm on Wednesdays.
- The Silver Fir chairlift runs until 3:30pm. You can move your car to the other areas if you keep skiing.
Blizzard Tecnica testers including our president, Tracy Gibbons.
- Intermediate to advanced women skiers of all ages.
- Women who enjoy the sport and want to take control of their own skiing experiences.
- Women who want to learn more about skis and boots that are designed for women.
- Women who want to learn why certain skis or boots are best for you.
- Women who are excited to hear stories from other women and why they enjoy the sport.
WHAT IS W2W:
What does the Blizzard Tecnica (BT) Women to Women project mean for you? “It is great to work with BT on this project because they are focused on producing the best gear, specifically designed by women for women. BT is committed to the long haul and the continued growth and development of women’s specific products. The blend of function and fashion, and promoting why the products are unique is all part of the package with BT.” Tracy Gibbons
W2W is the first to completely dedicate skis and boots to women. No matter the skiers level or style, W2W provides the best products to help women discover new possibilities through the mountain experiences. Learn more about W2W here.
FOR MORE INFO OR QUESTIONS: Email AndreaH@sturtevants.com
Tracy Gibbons, president and mother.
Blizzard Black Pearl 88
“How did the Blizzard Black Pearl 88 become the #1 selling ski in America? By exceeding the expectations of both young and not-so-young, skilled and not-so-skilled, those happiest on groomers or in their bliss off-piste, that’s how. Its runaway popularity has made it the de facto standard in the most important women’s category.” (Real Skiers)
“This ski always wins and for a good reason. It’s been the top selling ski across both men’s and women’s models for years. It’s balanced, forgiving, strong, lightweight, and incredibly versatile for conditions, terrain, and ability levels. Blizzard overhauled it two years ago, making it lighter and stronger with a new carbon frame. Lay on it and trench, then instantly back off and feather it – it happily obliges. It’s truly a one-ski quiver.” (Powder Magazine)
Come to demo day and “ski for yourself.” Learn about the width, the cut, and the rocker-camber. Our experts can match you up.
If you’d like to learn more about the best skis or boots that will work for you, come into one of our stores. Sturtevant’s carries the latest and greatest for all ages and abilities. Out Ski Mart stores in Bellevue and Tacoma have great deals along with daily and season rentals for the whole family.